At Sorbon Estates we acquire, invest, develop, lease and retain commercial property within a South-East holding across several asset classes. We have a multimillion pound portfolio of assets - nearly 1,300 businesses and families live or work in our properties - and we are expanding further within our region.
We have a small head office of around 30 people and we closely manage, using mainly in-house resources, most aspects of the business. The size of our business and entrepreneurial spirit encourages increased responsibility and we like to think that anyone who works with us can make a difference.
We take our responsibility to our tenants seriously because we believe the future is worth investing in. And we believe yours is too.
What you'll be doing
Assisting the Head of Legal, you will support the Estates team on all legal matters relating to the company's diverse portfolio of commercial and residential investment properties.
You will confidently be able to draft, review and negotiate a broad range of predominantly commercial property documentation (including leases, agreements for leases, etc) alongside some residential (such as deeds of variations, ASTs, etc).
Where appropriate you will instruct and manage external counsel. Also preparing legal notices as required (including break notices and 1954 Act notices).
You will be proactive in keeping up-to-date with regulatory and legislative developments and continuously seek ways to improve existing processes with an innovative mindset.
As the role will involve working alongside different teams within the wider business, the successful candidate will have good general commercial acumen as well as having strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Skill and experience
- A qualified solicitor (as a guide candidates are expected to have over 4 years PQE)
- Solid experience in handling predominantly commercial property matters and some residential property matters, gained in private practice or in-house, with strong technical competence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accurate drafting and analytical skills with a meticulous attention to detail
- Confidently manage a diverse workload, remaining calm and work effectively under pressure
- Effective team working skills alongside autonomous working
- Co-operative and collaborative team player
- Organised, enthusiastic and computer literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office
What we can offer you
We expect the best from our employees, and in return we take care of them with a competitive employment package including:
- Free life assurance
- Annual and long-term bonus schemes
- Additional annual leave with length of service
- Pension scheme
By becoming part of our team, you'll be given the opportunity to work in a unique environment that combines the friendliness of a privately owned business with all the benefits of a financially strong company that has stood the test of time.
If this gets you excited and you feel that you might be the person we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you.