What you'll be doing
Based in our Beaconsfield office, this is a hands on finance role, leading a small team to provide an accurate, timely and informative financial service to our estates management team:
- advise on a range of financial matters for the estates team including bad debt write offs, new tenant financial evaluations, VAT legislation compliance and opting to tax properties where applicable.
- lead on the effective use and integration of the MRI Horizon system, ensuring that all users are following the correct procedures and processes to uphold the accuracy of data and achieve efficiencies.
- timely production of the monthly management accounts information.
- prepare and submit the monthly board report including variance analysis and commentary.
- manage the insurance portfolio and agree the starting, closing and adjustment schedules with our brokers.
- preparation of annual accounts for all companies within the investment property portfolio including monthly reconciliations, working papers, supporting spreadsheet and the final statutory accounts.
- manage the auditors in finalising accounts.
Skills and experience
- solid and relevant experience in property accounting
- proven experience using a property management system (MRI Horizon, Qube, Yardi, Tramps, etc)
- ideally a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with hands on practical experience
- strong excel and analytical skills
- flexible and enjoys working as part of a fast paced team
- effective communicator with non-finance people in a friendly and helpful manner, establishing and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues at all levels.