Are you an organised Finance Manager with experience in property accounting?
Sorbon Estates - a highly successful commercial property investor - is looking for a Finance Manager to play an integral part in leading the small finance team as well as partnering with our estates management team in managing the property portfolio.
About the role
As Finance Manager, you will:
- Lead on the effective use and integration of the MRI Horizon system, championing it's use and ensuring other team members correctly follow processes.
- Provide accurate, timely and helpful accountancy services and support for the estates management team in managing the property portfolio and budget, including VAT legislation compliance, bad debt write offs and new tenant financial evaluations.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual accounts with monthly reconciliations, working papers, supporting spreadsheets and final statutory accounts.
- Prepare and submit the board reports and management accounts information to the Head of Finance on a monthly basis
- Manage the insurance portfolio, working with our brokers with regards to starting, closing and adjustment schedules
- Manage the Service Charge Reconciliation process, working with the Estates Managers to recover as much cost as possible, and producing Service Charge Budgets for future periods
- Manage the auditors in finalising the annual audited accounts for the Sorbon business
- Review and recommend improvements to the processes, fully utilising the capability of the MRI Horizon system, and logging any issues in a timely manner
We're looking for someone who:
- Has proven experience using MRI Horizon (the property management system)
- Can motivate and encourage productivity within their team
- Has solid and relevant experience in property accounting
- Ideally is a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with hands on practical experience
- Has strong Excel and analytical skills
- Is personable, enthusiastic, inquisitive, and ambitious
- Can communicate effectively with finance and non-finance team members in a friendly and helpful manner, establishing and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues at all levels