What you'll be doing
Working from our Beaconsfield office we are open to both full time and part time (minimum of 30 hours per week) applicants for the new role of Credit Controller.
You will be the primary driver in the avoidance and collection of arrears for the diverse portfolio of properties within Sorbon Estates.
Proactively recovering debt balances from current and former tenants in accordance with agreed processes and timescales, as cost effectively and efficiently as possible, you will:
- Communicate regularly with tenants (predominantly by telephone) to ensure payments are made on time and in full, in accordance with contract terms, with a focus on identifying regular later payers
- Send statements, reminder letters and copy documents to tenants, ensuring that full records are kept of all debt recovery actions
- Arrange and manage payment arrangements with tenants and ensure that the associated charges are applied to the tenants account (and paid)
- Generate data and reports for internal monitoring purposes to be reviewed at weekly meetings with Estate Managers
- Instruct and communicate with bailiffs and enforcement officers, tracing agents, our internal legal team and/or external solicitors (as may be required from time to time) to recover outstanding debts, preparing and collating all relevant paperwork
- Actively deal with low value small claims applications where necessary, communicating with the courts and attending occasional court hearings, when required
Skill and experience
- Proven track record of credit control and debt collection
- Experience of claims management and legal claims and experience within a property environment would be preferred, although are not essential
- Assertive but tactful manner with good influencing, communication and negotiation skills
- Good administrative and computer skills including excel and word (property management systems knowledge would be useful, but training can be provided
- Attention to detail
- Resilient, determined and proactive 'can do' approach, always focused on achieving the best outcome
- Good team player with the ability to work unsupervised and to prioritise appropriately, recognising when things need to be escalated or when sensitive or difficult situations need to be handled with extra attention
What we can offer you
We expect the best from our employees, and in return we take care of them with a competitive employment package including:
- Free life assurance
- Annual and long-term bonus schemes
- Additional annual leave with length of service
- Pension scheme
By becoming part of our team, you'll be given the opportunity to work in a unique environment that combines the friendliness of a privately-owned business with all the benefits of a financially strong company that has stood the test of time.
If this gets you excited and you feel that you might be the person we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you.
Please click below to submit your CV or email this application to a friend.